Monday, June 4, 2007

June 4, 2007

Until this week, the coolest pop-culture reference I had seen regarding The Devil Wears Prada was a nifty little tidbit in Newsweek. The title read "The Pope Wears Prada," and it featured a pic of the Holy Father wearing a pair of Prada loafers. That one was fun, but it paled in comparison to this gem (brought to my attention by my much-cooler-than-I-ever-was-or-could-hope-to-be cousin, Alex Weisberger). It seems that a one Mr. Kanye West has included a TDWP reference in his latest single, "Can't Tell Me Nothing." Now I'm not sure I have these lyrics even remotely right, but after about 100 listens, this is what I gleaned:

Life is a, uh, depending how you dress her
So if the devil wear Prada,
Adam Eve wear nada,
I'm in between, but way more fresher
But way less effort, cause when you try hard,
That's when you die hard.

You can check out the video here.

Sing it, Kanye! Thank you, Alex. I'm dyin' hard right now with excitement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home